Most of us love reading, not books always, but e-books, magazines, newspapers, novels, etc. with a set of our own interests and choices. Reading is a great hobby, which makes you discover yourself and your capabilities. Reading is a great habit for everyone and has many benefits.
- It's obvious that the first thing that comes to our mind is getting knowledge. Reading books on varied subjects imparts information, increasing the depth about the subject. It helps expand our horizons, making us aware about the facts and figures of the outside world.
- Reading makes us smarter, and increases our vocabulary and writing skills as well.
- Reading is a big stress buster. Books on dealing with depressions and anxiety, or about positivivity, relieves stress, boosting our self-confidence.
- Reading also improves our power of imagination since it takes us to another world. This usually happens while reading fiction books.
- Books aid deeper and better understanding than just verbal explanations.
- Reading increases our concentration and focus. Biographies, fiction, and non-fiction engross us and help our mind in calming down. It also makes our memory cells work like never before, as it is said that, "It is better to use memory, than lose memory."
- Reading makes us more creative and stimulates our creative visualization.
- Books are extremely handy. It's almost like we are carrying knowledge with ourselves. They are cheaper as well, in comparison to the information they provide.
- Boredom often irritates. Watching television or listening to music need not always be the way out. Reading a book instead, will make you feel better, and a thoughtful thing to indulge in.
- Reading builds self-esteem within us by making us more of an expert on any particular topic. We can relate it to our increased self-confidence.
- We can always share whatever we have read with our friends, colleagues, and family, as we all know that knowledge increases by sharing.
- Books possess the power to change people's lives. Some books are really inspiring, that may be based on real life experiences or true stories. You could better explain it as, "This book changed my life".
- The latest trend is of making movies based on books.You would all agree that we end up saying that the book was 1000 times better than the movie.
It is good if children make reading their hobby, apart from playing. As it is said that it's always easy to teach your child when he/she is young.
Learning Process for Kids
Newborns: You would wonder how babies benefit from reading. Babies love lullabies and respond wonderfully to books depicting colorful pictures or different rhythms and love the sound effects. We might never realize, but they are actually into a learning process. They love colors, alphabets, and numbers. Nursery rhymes or cartoon characters excite them.
Preschoolers: Since preschoolers have an understanding of alphabets and words, reading books that involve slightly complex texts is what they like. They love reading about animals, fairies, or cartoons. As parents, you can also make them read some educational books which will widen their knowledge aspects.
Teenagers: In their teens, kids develop their own interest for a particular type or genre of writing styles or stories. Fiction and nonfiction is something which fascinates them a lot. They have their own favorite authors. If you develop a particular taste for books as a teen, it will forever remain within you.
- A calmer mind and soul is what makes us live a healthy life, and reading does exactly that for us.
- An enhanced brain power, smartness, and ability to think are some more of the advantages inducing positivity.
- We might just become stress-free and relaxed in our lives.
- It's also excellent for retired or aged people to engross themselves into something fruitful.
To sum up, all the book addicts will agree to these benefits. So, what are you waiting for? Enroll yourself in a local library soon!