If you are keen to know about the paranormal world, then vampires will fascinate you greatly. The fiery combination of human and animal giving rise to a typical form of creature possessing mystic powers extending beyond the normal, defines a vampire. The popular telly show The Vampire Diaries, adopted from the original novel written by L.J. Smith, has become extremely popular the world over. Although vampires are fictional, these novels have elucidated and characterized them so aptly, that people lose themselves in this world of myths and legends. Fiery and savage, horrifying and gruesome, revenge and death, sex and erotica, love and romance, these books are a storehouse of rugged passion that take you to the other world, a world that is inscrutable and preternatural.
Dracula ~ Bram Stoker
Dracula is worth a mention in the list of best selling vampire novels. It was published in the year 1897. Although containing many historical citations, this book still rules the market. From newspapers, to a series of journal entries and letters, it throws light on the antagonist, Count Dracula, creating a perfect fiction with love, revenge, war, and sex.
After Midnight ~ Carol Finch, Colleen Faulkner, & Karen Ranney
This book was published in the year 1998 by a combined effort of the trio. The story superbly explains the metamorphosis of a Regency woman into a savage vampire. It's about her revenge on the enigmatic cave dweller and angel of mercy.
Dark Needs At Night's ~ Kresley Cole
In this book, the writer proves her romance writing skills, about vampires, incorporeal spirits, and unlikely elements. She describes the mad vampire with subtlety and the paranormal romance being described with all essential literary devices that makes it violent, romantic, and passionate.
Dark Stranger ~ Susan Sizemore
She is one of the most renowned authors in New York. Dark Stranger is her most popular work. Other popular pieces of hers include, I Burn For You, I Thirst for You, I Hunger for You, Primal Desires, Primal Needs, Primal Heat, and Master of Darkness.
A Darker Dream ~ Amanda Ashley
This book, published in the year 1997, is about a vampire named Rayven. A woman named Rhianna is fascinated by his soft nature and both fall in love with each other. Rayven warns her to stay away from him but her love prevents her from this. With endless love, passion, and bitter truths, the story moves on.
Twilight (series) ~ Stephenie Meyer
It's highly acclaimed by both the youngsters and adults. The writer gets herself flowing with her literary work and the love story of a teenage girl and a vampire. The girls name is Isabella, and she falls in love with a vampire known as Edward. The subsequent novels in the series include New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
Some novels for adults, exploring all savage emotions, are enlisted below.
- The Ariella Montero Series by Susan Hubbard
- The Bloodline Series by Kate Cary
- The Immortals by Alyson Noel
- Cave of Terror by Amber Dawn Bell
- Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer
- The Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz
- The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld
- In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Night Runner by Max Turner
- The Evernight Series by Claudia Gray
- Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater Rhodes
- Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schrieber
- The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause
- Carmilla by Joseph Le Fanu
- Night After Night by Kathryn Smith
- Dream Snatcher by Sabine Kells
- Dark-Hunter Novels by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- A Deeper Hunger by Sabine Kells
- Dracul : An Eternal Love Story by Nancy Kilpatrick
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
- Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
Some of the best novels for young adults and teens are mentioned in the list below.
- Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite
- The Saga of Darren Shan by Darren Shan
- House of Night by PC Cast and Kristin Cast
- Den of Shadows by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer
- Blood Ninja by Nick Lake
- The Vampire Diaries Series by L.J Smith
- Classic Vampire Romance by Anne Rice
- Thicker Than Water by Carla Jablonski
- Uninvited by Amanda Marrone
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Suck It Up by Brian Meehl
- The Last Vampire Series by Christopher Pike
- Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
- Vampire High by Douglas Rees