Controversial topics attract the attention of your audience, and ensure their interest. This article talks about some good topics to express on…
Normally people shun discussing and speaking on polarizing topics. However, schools and colleges always insist that students should always be expressive about their views, so that they can be more open in recognizing and reacting to the changes occurring in their surroundings. Although it helps to be more open, always remember that such topics are a way of making you understand things better. You cannot pass an extremely slanted judgment over them. You have to be diplomatic in your approach while handling any controversial topic. It doesn’t matter if you are writing an essay or a research paper on that topic―people will have objections and questions regarding your research and views about the topic. This is why it’s always necessary to have thorough research and correct facts on each and every subject that you are writing or talking about. It helps promote a healthy discussion and you get to see what feedback you get from others.
The world is filled with controversies happening all around. You just have to look carefully and choose a topic that is of great interest to you. However, there is so much information available that it’s hard to search for a good topic. This article gives you an informative list of controversial topics which are suitable for essay writing and a healthy debate.
Good Topics for Essays
A controversial topic deals with a sensitive issue. There are many topics to write about in this world on which people have very strong opinions, which often lead to ugly disputes and arguments. That’s why you have to be very careful about inciting someone’s anger when writing or speaking about such issues.
- America’s Prisons
- Are Aliens Real?
- Should Marijuana be Legalized in the US?
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Animal Rights
- Racism Facts
- Most Controversial Movies
- Cell phones and Driving
- Dress Codes in School
- Civil Liberties and Anti-terrorism Measures
- Extremist Groups
- Domestic Violence in Families
- Right Age for Sex
- Right Age to Get Married
- Legalizing Gay Marriage
- Internet Privacy
- Pornography Debate
- American Politics
- Gays in Military
- Right Age to have a Baby
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Teen Obesity
- Free Condoms in School
- Living Together Before Marriage: Good or Bad
- Iraq War
- Legal Drinking Age
Some More Good Ones…
College and school students often have to write about research topics as a part of their academic curriculum. Essays on such topics put you in a position where you have to take two stands. By understanding the whole process, you gain a better knowledge of all the various current issues which are in the news.
- Is Global Climate Change Man-made?
- Should Death Penalty be Awarded for Heinous Crimes?
- Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming – Are They Really Interconnected?
- Animal Testing
- Computer Games, Boon or Bane?
- Television Violence and Children
- Nostradamus Predictions That Came True
- Are Vampires Real?
- Role and Future of the Social Networking Sites
- Organ Donation: Pros and Cons
- Pros and Cons of the No Child Left Behind Act
- Is the World Going to End in 2012?
- Air Travel and Air Safety
- Eating Disorders – A Serious Problem
- Role of Emotional Intelligence in Business
- Cigarette Smoking – Quit or Don’t, the choice is yours
- Should the Drinking Age be Lowered?
- How Much is too Much Homework?
Hope you find this article resourceful enough. If you think you can add some topics which dominate current news, please leave your comments.