We know we want to write, but when it comes down to putting pen on paper, we’re often lost about what we should write. Will it be interesting? Will it make a difference? Should I just pen what I think, or is that too personal? If you’re confused, here are some interesting topics to inspire great writing.
Writing is a form of expression that cannot be taught or learned. It can only be developed by constantly working on it. If you want to express yourself better, then it is essential that you write constantly. Sometimes it is not easy to come up with subjects on which to write. Finding interesting subjects that will make you want to learn more about it and then write about it can be difficult occasionally.
A very simple way to decide what to write about is to target your interests and subjects that fascinate you. When you are passionate about something, it reflects in your writing. So it’s not just the topic that matters; the manner in which you approach it, your knowledge, research, understanding of the subject and your passion are all determinants of the final piece of writing that you produce.
Overall, a topic that interests you (or something you understand and have knowledge about) and your passion for it will help produce a masterpiece. If you can’t decide what you want to write about, here’s some help.
When Aliens Meet Earthlings
1. Do Aliens Exist?
2. Interesting Alien Theories
3. Possibility of Extraterrestrial Life
4. Alien Abduction Mysteries
5. What Aliens may Look Like
6. Why are Aliens Often Portrayed Negatively?
7. Real Alien Sightings
8. Why There are No Real Martians
9. How Much Do Aliens Know About Us?
10. If Aliens did Exist…
11. How Aliens could Influence Human Life
12. Was Life on Earth an Alien Experiment?
The Mystique of the Paranormal
1. What Happens After Death?
2. Are Precognition and Deja vu Different?
3. Near-Death Experiences
4. Do Paranormal Phenomena Exist?
5. Supernatural Orbs
6. Shadow People and Their Reality
7. How to Communicate with Spirits
8. Past-Life Regression
9. Remote Viewing Techniques
10. Out-of-Body Experiences
11. Telekinesis: Moving Things with Your Mind
12. Automatic Writing Experiences by Contacting Spirits
Mysteries of the World
1. Lost Civilizations of the World
2. Bermuda Triangle Theories
3. Mystery Surrounding Jack the Ripper
4. What was the Bigfoot Mystery All About?
5. The Mysterious Sailing Stones
6. Questionable Celebrity Deaths
7. Mysteries of the Crystal Skulls
8. Crop Circles and What They Mean
9. Where Does Everything in the Bermuda Triangle Go?
10. Mankind’s Most Ancient Mysteries: The Great Pyramids and Their Mummies
11. Unsolved Murder Mysteries
12. Mysteries of the Mind
13. Did Hitler Really Die during the Second World War?
14. The Mystery of the Loch Ness Monster
15. What is the Purpose of the Stonehenge?
The Matter of Astronomy
1. Amazing Facts About the Universe that We Never Paid Attention To
2. The Longest and Shortest Days of the Year
3. World’s Best Stargazing Destinations
4. Brown Dwarfs
5. Is the Sun Shrinking?
6. Why Do We See Only One Side of the Moon?
8. Pulsars – Precision Clocks in Space
9. How was the Sun Formed?
10. Alternative Theories in Cosmology
11. Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation
12. Getting into Black Holes
13. What is a Red Dwarf?
14. Existence of Life on Mars
15. Why Does the Higgs boson Matter?
1. The Art of Fortune Telling
2. Human Body Mysteries that Science Can’t Explain
3. Is Psychic Surgery Real?
4. Twin Telepathy
6. How Philosophy Begins where Science Ends
7. Tea Leaf Reading
8. How Do Crystals Enable Healing?
9. Prophetic Dreams: Mere Dreams or Warnings?
10. What Does Your Handwriting Say About Your Personality?
11. The Compatibility of Zodiac Signs
12. The Relationship Between Sleeping Position and Personality
13. Hypnosis as a Method of Medical Treatment
14. Law of Attraction: Fact or Belief?
15. Do Curses Work?
1. The Real Meaning of Gender Equality
2. Are Men Really Better Drivers than Women?
3. Can Men and Women be “Just Friends”?
4. Why Men Need Women in the Lives
5. Why Men Lie to Women
6. Are Men More Intelligent than Women?
7. Who has a Better Sense of Humor: Men or Women?
8. Why Women are Emotional
9. Why Do Men Love Gadgets So Much?
10. Why Do Women Love Shopping So Much?
11. Why Men Never Ask for Directions
12. Why Women Never Think They’re Thin Enough
13. The Difference Between Male and Female Body Language
14. Why is it so Difficult to Buy Gifts for Men?
15. The Age of the Metrosexual Man
The World of Relationships
1. Can Exes Go Back to Being Friends?
2. Romantic Ways to Propose
3. How to Stop Being Jealous
4. How Many Dates Does it Take to Know She/He’s the One?
5. How Parents Can Deal with Their Kids’ Defiance
6. The Essentials of a Good Relationship (with anyone)
7. Can Introverts and Extroverts Have Great Relationships?
8. Moments that Make or Break a Relationship
9. How to Fight Fair in Relationships
10. Emotional Unavailability in Relationships
11. How Ego Can Ruin a Relationship
12. Dealing with People as a Child vs. Dealing with People as an Adult
13. The Concept of Soulmates
14. Does Everything Our Parents Teach Us Help in Life?
15. The Pros and Cons of Being Single
A Twist of Humor
1. How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
2. Things We Say When We Don’t know What to Say
3. What Do Babies Think About?
4. Being Funny All the Time
5. Stupid Questions People Ask
6. Most Annoying Habits of Men
7. Funny Facts about Women
8. Crazy Laws
9. Why Do Fathers always Hate their Daughters’ Boyfriends?
10. Important Things Only the Real World Can Teach You
11. What Would We Do if Facebook Shut Down?
12. Why the World is Not Ready to End Yet
13. Modern-Day “Problems”
14. Foreign Words That are Funny in English
15. Dangerous Ways to Say ‘I Quit!’
1. The Positive of Experiencing Pain
2. The Definition of Love
3. Why Do We Fight Change so Vehemently?
4. Why is Food so Comforting?
5. Evolution of Memes
6. Why Humans are Never Content
7. What is Existentialism
8. Treating Each Day as a Gift
9. Developing Self-trust
10. The Difference Between Being Literate, Educated, and Intelligent
11. How Much of Yourself Can You Actually Be?
12. What is Common Sense?
13. How to be Happy Being Single
14. How Much Can You Trust Your Sixth Sense?
15. How to Trick Your Mind To Do Things it Doesn’t Want To Do
A Little Bit of This & That
1. Bizarre Psychology Experiments
2. Bad Habits That are Actually Good for You
3. Weird Ice Cream Flavors
4. Useless Facts About the Human Body
5. The Difference Between a Geek and a Nerd
6. Weird Facts about the Human Body
7. The Scariest Real-life Experiments
8. The Cocktail Party Effect
9. Why We Hate Mondays
10. Reward or Punishment: What is More Effective?
11. The Difference Between Vegetarianism and Veganism
12. Myths and Facts About Left-Handed People
13. Myths and Legends About Vampires
14. Ancient Rituals You Won’t Believe Existed
15. Strange Addictions
The beauty of any of the topics given above is that one idea can inspire another, and you can integrate these ideas into one amazing piece of writing. So if you think you haven’t found a topic of interest to write about yet, use these suggestions to come up with something that will reflect your passion, and that you are ultimately proud of.