Good ideas to write about, for kids, may not be as difficult as you think. Kids have a vivid imagination and they can transform something that we may find extremely dreary into something full of life. They have a totally different perception of things around them. This helps them in expressing their thoughts and ideas in a unique way, which may never have occurred to us in the first place. So if you want to experiment with some good topics that kids can write about, read the lists below and take your pick from the lot. Some Topics that Kids can Write About
The sections below will equip you with a lot of topics for each stage in a child's education. Remember, while expressing one's opinion through his or her writing is totally alright, care must be taken to ensure that in the process, no other person (student or teacher) gets offended. Hence, close monitoring and regular writing exercises will help in honing the writing skills of the students. So, go through the lists below and take the cue from them to give to your students.
|What can kids write essays about? Don't worry! Here's a list of topics that you can ask your elementary school kids to write about.|
- My favorite color
- My pet
- Why I like to _______
- If I had superpowers...
- My three wishes if I ever meet Aladdin's genie
- How I learned to tie my shoe laces
- Why I like butterflies
- When I grow up I want to be a .....
- ... and that is why I will never tell lies again
- My family
- My favorite flower/game
|Middle school is also a great place and time to help children hone their essay writing skills. So read this list for middle school kids and see how they fare.|
- My favorite holiday and why
- If I could invent something, ....
- My favorite subject in school
- The importance of taking good care of our environment
- Why the world is better without war
- What makes me happy
- What I learned from the homeless stranger on the subway
- My magic spell would do this....
- Should sports be compulsory
- Boons and banes of television
- The five golden rules I live by
|Now let's see some good topics that kids in high school can attempt. They range from serious to funny! They'll definitely enjoy writing on these.|
- My favorite author
- Facebook - positives and negatives
- If I had a pet robot...
- Peer pressure
- No! I don't think drinking and driving is cool
- Drug abuse and teenagers
- The funniest thing that happened to me
- The TV show I absolutely hate
- My most favorite place
- The story behind my name
- My most memorable birthday party
|Topics for the School Paper|
|If you need some editorial topics for your school paper, here they are. These are generally serious and delicate issues, which need to be tackled with extreme caution and a sensitive approach.|
- Teenage pregnancy: a growing menace
- How to be prepared for swine flu
- Oil spills: a lurking danger for the future generation
- Obesity: the fat monster
- Global terrorism: What we can and can't do about it
- Importance of sex education in high school
- Dealing with emotional abuse
- Children alienating parents
- Single parenting: what we feel about it
- Friendship between a boy and a girl
- Glamorization of smoking and drug abuse by television and cinema
- Awareness of STDs in the youth
There are numerous things that kids can write about. Kids these days love to explore and learn. So give them the complete freedom to write whatever they want to write about. You might be surprised at the levels of depth they can reach.