Knowing what to say upon the death of the mother of a close one can be slightly difficult. Use words of sympathy, it will help you provide the necessary encouragement to your loved one.
The death of a mother is the first sorrow wept without her.
A mother holds perhaps, the most important place in a child’s life. The loss of a mother, then is perhaps the biggest loss anyone has to deal with. Unfortunately, the death of a parent is something most children have to see and experience. While some people naturally hold the capacity to endure such a heavy loss, for some it is indeed a tough period to get through.
No matter what kind of person the sufferer is, a few words of sympathy from close ones are always comforting. With the knowledge that there is someone who shares the grief, and is there for support in such trying times, indeed gives the sufferer the strength and courage to pull through. For most of you, deciding what to say when a person loses her/his mother is difficult, because it is an extremely sensitive time and you don’t want to say anything that will deepen the grief of the sufferer.
Words of Condolence For the Loss of a Mother
No words of condolence you put together can heal a person grieving the loss of her/his mother. But it can definitely provide a small amount of comfort, in knowing that someone is there to share the grief and to be there when needed. This gives them courage to move on and face each day with a little more strength.
• Say not, in grief, that your mother has gone, but always remain thankful that she was yours.
• Words, however kind, can’t mend your heartache, but those who care and share your loss with you, pray and hope for your comfort and peace of mind.
• The love and support of a mother can never be replaced, but we hope you find some strength, in the love of family and in the warm embrace of friends.
• May it make your sorrow easier to bear knowing there are others who understand and care.
• Allow me to extend my deepest condolences on the loss of your mother. Losing a parent is one of the biggest losses that can be suffered by anyone. May you find God’s presence with you as you journey through the time of grief.
• At times like these it is difficult to see all the love that surrounds you. I am here to let you know that I love you and will be here when you want to see me.
• Your mother always spoke about you with utmost love and affection. You meant the world to her. She was truly a splendid woman and will be deeply missed. Our heartfelt sympathies to you.
• I am really sorry for your loss. I know how close you were to your mother and the deep influence she had on you. We will miss her.
• As you comprehend this profound loss, let yourself cry knowing each tear is a note of love rising to the heavens.
• We loved your mother dearly, but we could not make her stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hardworking hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.
• I have no idea what you must be going through in losing what I think is the strongest pillar of strength in your life. I know your mother was that to you too, and with this loss come so many layers of heartache. Please know my heart is open to giving you anything you might need during this time of incredible loss.
• I am at a loss for adequate words to express my grief for you. I had the blessed opportunity of knowing your mother and I know heaven just received one of its most special angels. You are a reflection of your mother in the way you treat people with respect and empathy, not to mention the way you make each person feel loved. I am so sorry for your loss.
• Let your sorrow be a bridge not a barrier to the people who love and adore you. We are here for you and will be over every day until you tell us to go away. We love you and are sorry for the loss of your mother.
• Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
• I am so sorry for your loss. If there comes a moment that you can not come out of your house of darkness, I hope I can be the person you will depend on to come pull the shades up and let the light in. I am here for you.
• So many accomplishments, so very many successes, a wealth of hopes and dreams fulfilled, days and days and days well-lived and now a legacy to celebrate. May sweet memories of the gem that was your mother, encourage you at this time.
As has been mentioned earlier, even the best words you say to console the death of a loved one, such as a mother, are not enough to fill the hole that such a loss has left behind. However, it is definitely encouraging, and lets the sufferer know that death and dying is an inevitable part of life that has to be dealt with. As such, these words of sympathy on the loss of a mother will help you put across this message of love, support and encouragement to your loved one.
If you are still unsure about what to say or how to say it, it is okay to refrain from saying anything at all. You may think that it is necessary that you condole your loved one, but in some cases, just being there even without saying anything means a lot to the person. Just do what you think is in the best interest of your loved one, who is dealing with the loss of her/his mother.