The principle you apply to classify any given topic is the most important in an essay of classification. Another thing you need to keep in mind is what you choose as this will form the basis of your essay. Though there are many creative college essay topics, not all can be considered for a classification essay. For example, "famous strategies in world politics" is a very interesting topic, but if you have to write a classification essay on this topic, it just won't be possible.
You might be able to classify it on the basis of the political type, but that doesn't give you much to write on. On the other hand, you can take something as simple as "music in my music player" and do some unique classification of the same. In this article, we will first see what exactly is a classification essay and then look at some diverse essay topic ideas that might help you.
What is a Classification Essay?
A classification essay is written to basically judge whether the students are capable of understanding a set of subjects and then classifying them based on a rational principle. The most important thing in this kind of essay writing is to determine the rational principle or scheme. Each topic will contain a lot of things that need to be divided into groups. You have to analyze all the given data. After this, figure out how they can be classified depending on different parameters.
Pick the most rational and reasonable out of them all. The end result will be the category or groups you make. A classification essay might also demand ratings from you. It might ask you to evaluate a particular group of things and rate them. You will have to decide the parameters for this rating, which should be done by giving proper and true information.
List of Topics
- Classify different inventions on the basis of their importance to mankind.
- Evaluate the different types of literature.
- Classify major historical moments in chronological order.
- Evaluate the different types of political parties.
- Classify different types of rocks based on formation.
- Evaluate all the libraries in your neighborhood and rate them.
- Classify the different songs you have in your iPod.
- Evaluate five music downloading websites and rate them.
- Classify the different types of bankruptcy.
- Evaluate and classify a few colleges in your city.
- Classify the movies you like the most according to their theme.
- Evaluate a few clubs in your area and rate them on self-formed principles.
- Classify different types of doctors and what they do.
- Evaluate the different coffee shops in your neighborhood and rate them.
- Classify different types of snakes based on if they are venomous or not.
- Classify different types of bank accounts.
- Evaluate the last 3 books you read and rate them according to your preference.
- Classify different types of plants.
- Evaluate 5 different indoor tanning lotions.
- Classify taxes depending on individuals and businesses.
- Evaluate the top selling companies of denims.
- Classify all the books you have at your home.
- Evaluate your performance in school since Grade I.
- Classify different types of love.
Now that you know all these easy classification essay topics, choose any one that you like. In these essays, how you classify is more important than what you write. The principle or scheme you choose to classify holds the most importance. Don't make too many categories, but don't make just two categories either. The entire meaning will be lost then. You can have a look at some classification essay examples and get your views cleared.