These letters are written to express grievances regarding problems faced by you while using or purchasing a particular product or service. Here is a letter template to help you in writing such a letter all by yourself.
Sometimes, we end up paying for products that are damaged or totally different from what we wished to buy. Similarly, we might pay for services that are way below our expected standards. Writing a complaint letter comes to rescue in such cases. It acts as a professional warning and request to the dealer or manufacturer, to get a suitable reimbursement or replacement. Here is a letter template and sample to help you get an understanding of complaint letters.
List of Key Inputs
- Address the letter to the person who is capable of helping you with regards to your problem. If the person you are writing the letter to has no ability to sort out your problem, it’s not going to be worth the effort.
- Put forward your complaint in simple words. Don’t get emotional or hyperactive. State your problem in simple and straightforward manner.
- State very clearly about the remedial measures you wish that must be taken to solve your problem. Ensure that the remedial measures you are suggesting are in the power of the concerned authority.
- Give a deadline to solve your problem. e.g. a specific date by which you expect a compensation for your loss.
- Be firm, but ensure there is professionalism in your letter.
Subject: Complaint Letter about (name of product/service)
Hoping for an immediate action in this matter from your side.
Enclosures: Copy of purchase receipt/ Guarantee card/ Warranty card
|23, Park Avenue Street
345 – Blue Berry Road,
4646 – 5657 – 686
Date: May 12, 2012
Subject: Inappropriate items delivered
Unfortunately, the food processor we purchased looks totally different from the displayed appliance and the picture showing on its packaging. Similarly, the dinner set delivered to us is bearing a different color than what we selected in your store. As per our conclusion, there has been some sort of mismanagement in packing of our purchases at your store.
I request you to send one of your staff and take these sets back. We will produce the original purchase slip at the time of the pickup. We wish to get a complete refund for the items being returned by us.
We hope to receive a positive response from you regarding our complaint by this weekend.
Enclosures: Photocopy of purchase slip
Complaint letters definitely make an impression on the party you have sent them to. Letters that bear all the necessary details and a ‘no-nonsense’ tone, help to solve your problem faster.