The sample donation request letter to a company will cover all important points that you need to know about how to formulate a proper sample donation letter. Continue reading further to know more…
Fundraising donation letter is definitely an important piece of letter that can greatly help an individual or an organization that is seeking financial assistance. A sample of the donation request letter to a company must have a professional as well as personal touch. While you must display politeness and a sense of respect to the company, you must appear firm in your resolve and determination to raise funds and champion your cause. Most likely, it’s not your cause that may fetch you the money but it would be the way of letter writing and presenting your facts properly, that will eventually help you succeed in achieving your objective. Some of the obvious questions that you must address in a donation request letter are, who needs the donation, why you’re asking for donation and how will the donor benefit through this help. In the donation request letter, your introduction must be proper. You’ve got to start by properly greeting the person and giving a brief introduction of your program. Then, you’ve got to mention your fundraising proposal and the reason you’re applying for the proposal. Ensure that the tone of writing in your donation request letter is formal.
Tips to Write the Letter
Following are some of the basic steps that you must keep in mind while writing donation request letters. Have a look.
- You must start with the date as it is essential for the company/reader to know the relevance of the letter and nothing makes it more relevant than the time period in which it has been written.
- Listing the address of the recipient or the company is the next step. Write the proper corporate address of the office where the letter is supposed to be send. If you have any hesitation regarding the address, recheck it carefully.
- To make your letter more personal touch to the letter and give a hint to the prospective donator that you’re well aware of the company, you can start by introducing the manager or authority. It is essential that you’re able to figure out the name of the specific person who will be reading your letter.
- Now, comes the most crucial part of the letter. In this segment, you have to briefly and succinctly describe yourself and your venture. Here, you have to be careful that you don’t turn out to be verbose or exaggerate your credentials. Keep it simple and give main information.
- It is good to exactly tell the company what you expect from them. Don’t keep them guessing as to what donations you want. Mention specifically what you want. If it is some money contribution, give them the amount range. If it is old clothes or other type of support, specify your needs. This shows a sense of purpose and planning to the company, from your side.
- Corporate companies are although engaged in lots of social activities, they are a business entity and hence they want some benefits from their engagement. As a return for their kidness, you can request them to put their logos and company stalls in tandem with your business networks and places. So, if you organize a camp, you can decorate the logo of the company as per your agreements with them.
- Don’t forget to thank them for their time and concern and do make the plans to contact in the future.
- End the letter politely, and give your address, cell number and other contact details.
Donation Request Letter
Go through the following donation letter template to understand the proper donation request letter format.
|Fundraising for A School|
|Date: June 30th, 2010
Address of the Recipient
Dear Mr. (Surname of recipient),
I am writing this letter on behalf of ‘Creativity Unleashed’, an NGO founded by the Alumni network of St. Paul’s high school, Massachusetts. This NGO is presently headed by me, Mr. (your name) and is backed by my batchmates working in various industries. Our objective in forming Creativity Unleashed was to bring forth talents that remain untapped in kids and children who don’t have enough financial assistance to get proper training in their favorite arts. Helping such deprived children stand on their legs is the main objective our NGO.
On June 30th, 2010, Creativity Unleashed has decided to organize a mega competition for selecting 30 such kids from five towns in US to promote their talents in art schools and theaters. The competition has been aptly named ‘Express Yourself’. The competition stage, sound equipment, advertising costs and various other parts of the program will require monetary help, which we are hopeful of attaining from your side. Any amount that you feel suitable is welcome. In return for your generosity, your firm will figure in our posters, banners and brochures.
Thank you for considering our request and giving your time. In case, you wish to know more about this program and the various facets associated with it, please free to contact our office on all days on 555 – 5757 – 8484 between 9am to 9pm. Alternately, you can drop in your queries at email@example.com. We’ll ensure that you receive a prompt reply.
Writing a donation request letter is a simple task and especially, when it is to be written to a large firm, as they’re generally approachable and are often involved in various works of corporate social responsibility. Donation request letters require minimum monetary investment from your side however, they can help you raise your much-needed funds. Hence, writing donation request letters properly is of paramount importance.
In case, you’re seriously thinking of raising funds for a good cause, you can, for sure, work on the idea of writing a donation request letter to a company. Although, you may not always receive a positive response, so be prepared for denial also. If you send the letter to at least 5 – 10 sources, then there are bright chances that someone will surely respond to your request. The donation request letter, as mentioned above, must be properly drafted and it must be free of any writing errors as that creates a negative impression.